Wednesday, May 30, 2012

15 countries...

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."
--Mark 16:15

Last month, I was asked by Outcry in the Barrio (the men's home Todd went to) to paint a flag representing each country where a Victory Temple was established.  I was more than excited to do this for them.  The paintings are hanging in the entryway as you enter the men's home.  There are 15 flags.  It's really unbelievable thinking of the history of this incredible ministry and how many destroyed lives and families they have helped piece back together.  Todd and I are humbled to say we have had experiences with this ministry that we never believed were possible.  
Anytime one of the "homeboys" gives their testimony, they always lead up to the day they were saved by saying, "But One Day," which is where we got the title of our blog.  It gives me chills every time I hear one of them saying it.  All of their pasts were so different, so spoiled, and usually so deceitful.  Even though I know those three words are coming up as they are giving their testimony, I still get teary-eyed hearing each one of them say it because when they get to that part, "BUT ONE DAY," they are all the same.  We are all saved only through Jesus blood he shed on the cross for us.  
I am so thankful for my "one day."



3 comments:

  1. Your story has touched my heart and I sit here with tears running down my face. I can tell through your words that God is giving you strength and is working in both of your lives. I pray that he will continue to bless you and your family. I am one of the people in Benton who did not know you personally, but questioned your decision to stay with Todd through his addiction. My son was not able to keep his marriage together through his wife's addiction to prescription drugs. My anger with her for destroying my child's happiness has eaten me alive for many years. After reading your story, I have hope that she will be able to find the strength in God that you and Todd have found. I can forgive her and pray for her with love in my heart. Thank you for sharing what had to be a difficult story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like,HIV,Epilepsy Infertility, Herpes, Hepatitis, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..

    ReplyDelete