Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Where has the time gone...

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen."
--Hebrews 11:1


First of all, we apologize for leaving you all hanging for so long.  We have really gotten wrapped up down here in Fort Worth and have been trying to settle in and establish ourselves. 

Honestly, I have had a lot of things on my mind recently and have been struggling with a challenge that has revealed itself to me...What is my purpose?  There are so many definitions and answers I could have given to this question a few months ago, but as I found myself down here in a new town with not many friends (except for my husband, son, dog, and a few special people), I became idle and lost.  Up until this point, God had revealed answers to us so clearly and explicitly that we didn't have time to wonder what we were supposed to be doing.  Once we got settled in though, I didn't hear from Him as clearly as I had for a few months.  I wondered why He wasn't revealing Himself to me and questioned my ability to discern what He wanted for my life.  
Then I realized, it was me.  It was my fault.  I had lost sight of Him in everything I do.  It is so easy to get out of consistent time with Him and get lost in the worldly things that REALLY DON'T MATTER.  AT ALL.  


Why?  Because we are just passing through.  This is not really my home, nor yours. We are only here for a mere moment when compared to eternity.  So, what is my purpose?  To worship my creator, my Father, and to share His love with anyone and everyone I come into contact with.  Not necessarily by words, but by my actions.  I have challenged myself to do this daily knowing that I will never be worthy of His love for me.  I hope you will join me.


On another note, to supplement our income, I have been painting A LOT since we have been down here.  When I say A LOT, I mean enough to pay our rent.  Not many people would share that, but I think it is part of our testimony.  Even though we do live in a one bedroom apartment, our rent is NOT cheap compared to where we came from.  It gets kind of scary at the beginning of a new month and I know that I don't have any paintings coming up, but somehow (also known as the Holy Spirit) something (also known as God) intervenes.  We always make rent.  ALWAYS.  Because God protects us.  


I wanted to share some of the paintings I have been doing over the past months for our next few blog posts.  To those of you who I have been blessed to paint for, THANK YOU.  Because really, to us, it is a blessing. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment